Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

So That's Why I Got My Library Science Degree...

It's time for Thursday Tid-Bits!

The current suggestions for rabbit names are:
  1. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern
  2. Amos and Andy
  3. Jermaine and Tito
We're more than happy to accept more suggestions.

I've been e-mailing my younger sister back and forth this week - and naturally we've been talking books. She reads almost as much as I do, and given that she's a teacher (currently 9th grade English), she reads a lot of young adult novels. Our e-mail exchange yesterday went like this:

Wendy's Younger Sister: "Hey, when is Meg Cabot releasing another Princess Diaries book?"

Wendy: "You know Sister Of Mine, most of these authors have web sites.
According to Cabot's, Princess In Training will be out in March."

Wendy's Younger Sister: "Why go to the author's web site? I'll just ask my librarian sister. It's her job to know when books come out!"


So there you have it.

No comments: