Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Monday, January 17, 2005

Shopping And Invitation

So I bit the bullet and went shopping today. Picked up new unmentionables, 4 new blouses for work and ::drumroll please:: two new pairs of jeans! Now I just need to clean out my closet and today will have officially been a full rich day.

In other news, I've been invited to join Romancing The Blog as a columnist. I'm still slightly in shock over being asked because - let's be honest here - I'm not a terribly good writer. I know this. You know this. I've always been more of a muser than someone who "works" on writing as a craft. But I am a reviewer, a librarian and a blogger for almost 2 years now - so maybe those factors came into play here. Also, this columnist thang will be another unpaid gig. I've been an unpaid reviewer for almost 5 years now. Word has apparantly spread that I'm an easy mark.

No comments: