Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Monday, January 10, 2005

Reading Blahs

So much for that reading jag I was on - I seem to have stalled.

I was reading Talk Of The Town by Suzanne MacPherson, but after about 75 pages I just couldn't get into it. This is an instance where it wasn't the book's fault - it was all me. I just wasn't in the mood for it. So, it's sitting back on my desk, bookmark in place, for me to pick up some other time.

I have since received more review books, so I'm currently on a new western time travel (yes, you read that right - a western time travel!) called Stay With Me by Beverly Long. So far it's quite good - although the secondary romance is interesting me a bit more than the primary one (not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, I can't decide). But I'm still dragging my reading heels with it, having only read about 100 pages since Friday. Bah.

The only downside to reviewing is that your reading time is pretty much set. I know what I have to read next about 4 books down the line. Time in between review books is precious, but sometimes I find I have a hard time settling on one read. It's like I need TRR's editor to make my reading decisions for me - like how flaky is that?

It's probably just the new year blahs though. Here's hoping I snap out of it already.

No comments: