Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Monday, November 1, 2004

It dawned on me yesterday that it was Week 8, making the NFL season half over.



::sobbing::



Normally what I do between the no-man's land of the NFL season ending and baseball season starting is watch the NHL. But with the lock-out still going on, it doesn't look good.



And don't even mention the NBA to me. How can anyone watch today's basketball? I will admit that I enjoyed watching the Pistons pound on the L.A. Lakers in the finals last year - but that's about it. I have little tolerance for the NBA these days. Repeat after me boys - "TEAM sport, TEAM sport...."



But back to football - who knew the Buffalo Bills could score 38 points? I actually still doubt that they can - since those 38 points were mainly the work of our special teams - which finally had a great game on Sunday.



In other news - tomorrow is Election Day! Yippee! Yahoo! You people in Florida better not muck this one up either! I can't take anymore. I really can't. This coming from someone who has purposely stayed as far away from TV coverage as humanly possible.



It's almost worse being a librarian, since we tend to be bombarded with the new "political" books that seem to be published every other day. "Why Bush Wouldn't Know His Butt From A Hole In The Ground" and "John Kerry: Magnificent Fraud." Remember the good old days when a political figure had to be dead for 25 years before a biography came out? Frankly, I'm starting to long for the days when the only political books being published were about the Kennedy family.



In reading news, I seem to be getting back into a groove. I started the Man Of My Dreams anthology this morning and have finished the Sherrilyn Kenyon offering. It's pretty good, despite featuring one of the more tired romance conventions. If I read about one more virgin determined to "ruin" herself I'm going to scream. But anywho, at least Kenyon dressed this one up as a futuristic, and has a way with a story. She skimmed over some of the finer details (in a nutshell, the story needed to be longer), but I liked her characters and it was a pleasant diversion. Really, that's about all I want from a short story collection.



I hope to finish the Maggie Shayne story on my lunch break today.

No comments: