Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Thursday, November 4, 2004

I couldn't post yesterday because Blogger was having some sort of snit - so here I am one day later.



Per the election - I don't get it. There, I said it.



I also don't get a lot of the propositions that were voted in across the country. Banning gay marriage?! Yeah, I know - it's against God's law! Well, if you're a Christian - don't marry someone of your own sex. Frankly, divorce is against God's law too - but I don't see any states putting a ban of that on the ballots. I figure God's going to sort it all out in the end - so why force the issue? If God is really ticked off about gay marriage - well the gays will have to answer for that eventually.



Also, in Florida - home of Wendy's younger sister - doctor's are now required by law to notify parents if their child comes seeking an abortion. Now yes - I agree, young women should not be getting abortions. Hell, they shouldn't even be getting pregnant. But if you need a law to get your daughter to talk to you - well there's something a bit off there dontcha think? This begs the question - why isn't your daughter telling you she wants an abortion? Things that make you go hmmmm....



But what really blows my mind is that the election all came down to Ohio. Ohio - home of most of Wendy's family. If any of you know my extended family - well you'll realize how frightening this truly is ::shudder::



And that's that. I think I feel better now. I think I can finally put all this election who-ha behind me and move on to more important matters - like worrying about money. It's official as of Election Day - my boyfriend's car is dead. That means, new car shopping this weekend.



Blah.

No comments: