Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Wendy's drinking green tea - which must mean she feels like crud.



I came home from work last night at 8:30PM and immediately crawled into bed. Pathetic but true. I thought "sleeping on it" would calm my digestive issues, and essentially that worked until 5AM. For the next 3 hours I was either communing on the sofa with a heating pad or running to the bathroom. I feel better now, albeit groggy, and am home for the day. Going to work and having to run to the bathroom every 30 minutes isn't terribly practical.



In various news - I finally finished Blue Moon by Lori Handeland. It's just as I suspected, the romance is pretty blah but everything else in this story is fantastic. Handeland has created a tough, smart heroine with a wry, interesting voice. Probably a good thing since the story is told entirely from her point of view. I also enjoyed the author's take on the werewolf legend - of course being a history buff helps.



Next up on the list is Dream Of Me by Lisa Cach. I was really blown away by the first book in this 2-part series, Come To Me, last month. I find myself more intrigued by Cach's career of late. Every book I've read by this woman is vastly different from the one that preceeded it. Kudos to her for stretching herself creatively, and kudos to Dorchester Publishing who lets her.



In other news, I've added a link to the right hand side advertising what I'm selling over at Half.com. Mainly trade paperback romances, Harlequins, and hopefully soon, erotica. If any of that sort of thing interests you, go on over and take a look. I'm fairly anal about the condition of my books, and most of what I'll be selling is damn near pristine.

No comments: