Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Well I do feel better today - although work went to hell in a handbasket yesterday while I was out sick.



My children's librarian also got sick (totally different ailment), which meant I only had 2 people here at closing time yesterday. Not something I like to do in this neighborhood - but oh well. It also meant that we had to a get a substitute in for today, since my children's librarian is still sick and today is preschool storytime! Normally, I would have done it - but I thought I was going to be at a meeting this morning (which was cancelled).



This is the second time I called in sick. Both times one of my staff members also decided to be sick - and working in a teeny library with little staff to begin with, well it can get hairy. We really need to coordinate better.



I've been remiss in not talking about baseball, mainly because I'm in denial. What the hell. The Red Sox come back after being down 3-0 to force a game 7?! Does this make any sense to anybody and can you explain it to me? Personally, I think Boston is just pulling our chains and will inevitably follow pattern by losing tonight and crushing the hope they so cruelly have instilled in their fans.



Personally I don't care who wins the World Series - as long as it isn't the Yankees.



Don't you think hating the Yankees should be a national pasttime? Or is it already? Hmmm...



As for the NL championship - what the hell are the Cardinals doing? Frankly, I don't care who wins in this series - but I just don't think the DisAstros can beat the Yankees in the World Series. And yes, it will be the Yankees - Boston fans should just start drinking now to dull the pain. Heck, maybe y'all already are.

No comments: