Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

So Boston has finally won a World Series. What next? The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse strolling through my library?



You know what this means of course - no more talk of that stupid curse about Babe Ruth.



As much as I hate the Yankees, I love that movie 61*. For me, the highlight of the movie is when Mickey Mantle is knocked out of the homerun race due to injury and tells Roger Maris to "go out and get the fat fuck [Babe Ruth]." Ah, pure poetry - so much so that every time anyone mentions the Babe I think of him as "the fat fuck." Sad, but true.



Personally, I've always been a Ty Cobb girl myself. For one thing he was a Detroit Tiger, for another he was the meanest SOB to ever walk the face of the Earth. Something tells me if Cobb were alive, and playing ball today, I wouldn't like him nearly as much though. For one thing, his obnoxiousness would be spread all over the media. Case in point, if I see Terrell Owens opening his big yap on my TV one more time I might put my foot through it.



But that's neither here nor there. Congrats Red Sox - not only did you get the monkey off your back, you also stuffed and mounted it above your fire place.

No comments: