Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Friday, October 22, 2004

Please shoot me. I'd consider it a humanitarian effort - I wouldn't hold a grudge - honest.



I'm sick, again. After a miserable Tuesday, I woke up Thursday morning at 4AM with more gastrointestinal problems. I simply had to go to work, so I slept for the next 2 hours on my living room sofa with my heating pad and felt marginally human for the rest of the day. Woke up this morning, felt fine - even went for a morning walk with my boyfriend. Came home, did laundry, made some tea, got sick again.



Going to the doctor isn't really going to help here, since I know what the problem is, and also know that the doctor can't really do much about it. He'll likely just pat me on my head and send me on my way. So that leaves me trying to relax, destress and pray for the best. But I'm not above pleading - does anyone have any good home remedies for stomach/GI issues?



The reason I had to be at work yesterday was because we had 40 1st and 2nd graders coming for a library visit/field trip. My children's librarian was at a meeting - so that left me to do the presentation. My favorite question of the day was when a boy asked where we get all of our books. I told him to go home and ask Mom or Dad about taxes.



Kids tend to be really cute at that age, and they all seemed excited about the trip. My staff told me how well I did and even suggested that I should have been a children's librarian. I think my response was somewhere along the lines of "Hell no." It's fun to do this sort of thing every now and then, but a I lack the patience and creativity to work with children day in and day out. Plus, children tend to annoy me when they hit a certain age - namely junior high.

No comments: