Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Wednesday, September 8, 2004

So as not to disappoint Kate - looks like the Skankies will have to play that game against the Devil Rays after all. David posted a lovely link in my comments section that sums up the debacle nicely. My hatred for the Skankies is closely followed by my intense dislike for Bud Selig. I figure about the only thing he hasn't screwed up is introducing inter-league play, and worse still we're stuck with him for a while. Didn't he just sign a massive new contract with MLB?



In other news - I'm finally done furniture shopping! While our bedroom still looks like something out of a college dorm, we have a new TV, surround sound system, dining room set, coffee table and end tables on the way to us. The coffee table and end tables had to be ordered - so it looks like it will be a 3-4 week wait for those. However by Saturday morning - I will be basking in the glow of our new 36" TV (football season here I come!) and eating lunch on my new oak dining room set.



In other not so good news - I seem to be in a reading slump. I'm trying to read Summer By The Sea by Susan Wiggs. One of my favorite historical writers, the jury is still out on how her contemporary voice works for me. I feel I'm not giving SBTS a fair shot - but if it still hasn't grabbed me after a few more chapters, I may have to set it aside for something else.

No comments: