Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Monday, September 13, 2004

Since it's Monday (and I'm about as ready to work as the Hilton sisters), let's add a new feature to the blog shall we? I'm going to call it Wendy's Football Pick Of The Past Weekend. My boyfriend and I make the NFL season a bit more interesting by entering into the spirit of friendly competition by calling each game (using a point spread if we pick the same team). I totally kicked his ass this weekend (Ha!) and came out looking like a genius with this pick:



San Diego over Houston.



Yep - I actually picked the Chargers to win. My boyfriend's exact words were "What?!?!" followed closely by "relying a lot on LaDainian Tomlinson aren't you?" Ok, so yeah I was - but turned out Drew Brees had a good game too.



As this new feature evolves, you can also expect it to include the various bonehead calls I make - which this past week included me picking San Francisco over Atlanta. A close game, but still I should have known better.



In other non-sports related news - my new toys arrived this weekend. There's nothing like a TV upgrade to make life a little sweeter. We now have a 36" flat screen TV with a surround sound system. Of course, with no entertainment system, we've had to be a bit creative organizing all this new "stuff." All I can say is God bless Rubbermaid totes. I also got my beautiful new oak dining room set - which is so heavy I've declared that we cannot move anytime soon.



As far as reading, I finally put aside Summer By The Sea by Susan Wiggs. It's a fine enough book, but I just could not get into it. Also, the arrival of my Amazon order, coupled with new a patch of review books, were so enticing I opted to start something new. The lucky winner was Leave It To Cleavage by Wendy Wax. I know, I can't believe I'm reading something with that title either - but so far I'm enjoying it immensely. This coming from a girl who has never really gotten the romantic-comedy trend in the romance genre.

No comments: