Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Monday, September 20, 2004

It's Monday so that means it's time for Wendy's Football Picks From The Past Weekend!



This past weekend my most excellent pick was:



Atlanta over St. Louis followed by picking the low spread on Oakland vs. Buffalo. Yes, I picked Oakland to win, but only because the Bills seem determined to squander what talent they do have. Why aren't we putting both whiney McGahee and Travis Henry on the field at the same time? And excuse me - but besides Takeo Spikes on defense - where the hell is the passion on that team?



My stupid pick of the weekend was going with a 7 point spread on the New Orleans vs. San Francisco game. Every year it usually sinks in around week 2 what a pointless endeavor it is to call any game New Orleans plays. Never has a team had more talent, but been so awful. I think they have the same issue the Bills have - no passion.



I don't even want to talk about the Red Sox vs. Yankees weekend series. Boston - why not just drive the Yankees to the World Series? You could loan them the team bus even!



In other news, I got my older sister turned on to the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. I normally like to recommend the gory stuff to her - but having recently given birth she seems sensitive to such plot lines right now. I hope she snaps out of it - I bought her a book at the Tess Gerritsen book signing I went to on Friday, plus I'm going to loan her the next installment in Patricia Cornwell's Kay Scarpetta series....just as soon as I'm done with it.

No comments: