Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Saturday, September 4, 2004

Confession time: I once dated a NY Yankees fan. I know, I'm not terribly proud of it either. However I was able to overlook this unfortunate characteristic because he had other sports affilations I approved of, most notably his dislike for the NHL NY Rangers.



If you read the comments section in my blog you'll notice that this ex left me a message about my previous post where I rejoiced that the Indians crushed the Skankies 22-0. Well David, I've just got one thing to say to you....



Ha ha! Kevin Brown!



Sorry - I know this isn't terribly mature of me. In fact, it's plain mean on my part. But like my boyfriend told me this morning, "Hey I like Kevin Brown - but he's a dirty Yankee now."



Speaking of sports - it's that time of year again. The time of year where Wendy becomes a college football widow. I do enjoy the NFL - but I've never been able to muster up much enthusiam for college football. There are a couple of reasons for this:



  1. They're kids.
  2. The games tend to be one-sided towards offense. I like watching good defense.

My boyfriend is a fierce Notre Dame fan - despite growing up in NY state. I think it's the whole Irish Catholic thing - with emphasis on the Irish more so than the Catholic. So while he's screaming at Notre Dame vs. BYU this evening, I'll probably be hiding out somewhere. At least we have a second sofa in the computer room now, ideal for reading - and who knows? Maybe I can squeeze a bookstore run in this evening.

No comments: