Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Monday, July 26, 2004

Dammit - I'm sick.



I started feeling punky last night and woke up this morning with a full-blown head cold. All the classic symptoms are here - sinus headache, stuffy nose, yucky taste in my mouth, and the drainage. Blah. So I called in sick to work today, mainly because I have to be there later this week. I foolishly said it was OK for one of my employees to take time off. What the heck was I thinking?



I finally got around to finishing The Immortal Highlander by Karen Marie Moning this morning. My final verdict? Fans will love it, I liked it. High praise since I intensely disliked this author's last book.



Next up is Somebody Wonderful by Kate Rothwell - a debut that has me befuddled at the moment. The heroine makes no sense to me. She's rescued from a band of ruffians by our hero (a New York police officer) and when she comes too she decides she's going to find a way to marry him. Huh? There's also some business about her hobby of photography and her eccentric father, none of which has been fleshed out to coherency. But the history is good so far (19th century NYC) and the hero is fantastic. Dreamy sigh - I love those nice Beta men.



I've already made a run to the grocery story for Aleve Cold & Sinus (about the only thing that works on my sinus headaches) and plan to spend the rest of the day reading and/or napping. Then it's back to the salt mines tomorrow - regardless of the state of my health.

No comments: