Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Monday, June 14, 2004

And here I thought it was going to be a blood bath - in L.A.'s favor! Hey, even librarians can be wrong too. The Detroit Pistons now have a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals.



Like any true Detroit fan though, my skepticism remains. It ain't over until the Pistons win another game.



I will admit a certain delight in tormenting one of my library pages here at work though. A great guy, and a real Lakers' fan, he's taken my ribbing with good humor.



I finally wrapped up Dime Store Magic by Kelley Armstrong today on my lunch break. I really liked this book, which is a spin-off from Armstrong's successful werewolf series. While our heroine has some clueless moments in the beginning (mainly owning to the fact that she doesn't realize what kind of danger she's in) - the whole thing turns around nicely. I'm eagerly anticipating the next book in this series, which is due out later this year.



What I find interesting is that Armstrong is writing her stories across several genres. In my opinion she has the makings to be the next Anne Rice (as far as not being bound by genre constrictions). Her stories have elements of horror, fantasy, suspense and romance all mixed together. I admire that in writing, mainly because it makes for good storytelling. One of the more interesting and memorable books I've read this year.



Next up is a new western romance (YeeHaw!) - At Twilight by Beth Henderson.

No comments: