Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Monday, May 3, 2004

Seems apologies are in order. After advertising that my web site was updated and posted, I discovered that some of my sleazy satin backgrounds weren't loading right. I'm still trying to figure out what the deal is, but in the meantime I just threw up some solid colored backgrounds. I hope to work on the problem more this weekend.



I finally finished the Wildest Dreams anthology I posted about in my 4/28/04 blog entry. It's been quite a while since I've been this glad to be done with a book. I can honestly say that outside of the steamy sex, that I have a hard time recommending anything about this book. All the characters annoyed the heck out of me on some level.



This naturally makes me feel like a raging bitch, since all these authors were unpublished previous to Lori Foster's writing contest. Oh well.



I started a gothic romance on my lunch break today - On the Edge of the Woods by Diane Tyrrel. I adore gothics, mostly for the atmosphere, and was excited when I heard someone had actually written one and had it published by a major publisher (in this case Berkley).



I think I know where this one is headed already, but I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to see gothics come back, but I think in order for them to work for a 21st century audience an author needs to come along and put a new spin on the classic storyline.



The page count is still young though (I'm only on page 50), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: