Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Friday, April 2, 2004

This is it. My last day of work.



A big wing-ding is planned for today. Catered lunch and an open house of sorts this afternoon (I hope it means punch and pie!) I also found out the amount of my severance check before taxes - although I'll have to wait until next week to get my grubby little hands on it.



My boyfriend flies in tonight (and boy will his arms be tired - ha ha). Once he's here we'll set out taking care of all the mindless crap that still has to be done. Things like turning off the phone, electric, and cable - closing bank accounts - changing our address on everything.



Most of my life is packed up in boxes - including my books. I've pulled a healthy stack for my carry-on luggage, which should keep me occupied until the movers arrive with the rest of my personal library.



My blog will very likely go unupdated for a couple of weeks. I'm hoping to be back online around April 16 - but it's anyone's guess when I actually will be.



Until then, ta ta.

No comments: