Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Sunday, March 14, 2004

This should be getting easier.



It seems surreal that I just found out a week ago about the job offer with Orange County. Frankly it seems like an eternity ago - what with all the new levels of stress I've been enjoying.



My boyfriend keeps telling me the hard part is over (I've got a job!) - but we still have a car to buy, a new apartment to rent, crap to pack and move 3000 miles, and a myriad of other loose ends to take care of.



Praise the saints I don't have children or pets - I'd probably be getting hauled away by the funny men in white lab coats by now.



I should probably have prefaced this blog by stating how much I hate moving. I like a good, comfortable rut. Change and I have never been on a first name basis.



So while I'm really excited about this new opportunity, and being reunited with my boyfriend - I'm also scared out of my ever-lovin' mind.



To sort of highlight the level of my panic, I hadn't read one page in any book for 6 days. Not one. I went through the motions of carrying a book around, but I didn't crack it open. Not even on my lunch break. I have the attention span of a fruit fly these days.



To alleviate this little issue (I cannot not read!) - I've decided to put myself on a strict diet of Harlequins until after The Big Move. And so far it seems to be working. I plowed through Dr. Dangerous by Kristi Gold in less than 2 hours this evening.

No comments: