Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Wednesday, January 7, 2004

So Charlie Hustle has finally come out and said he bet on baseball.

Gee thanks for the news flash Pete. Like any baseball fan who can logically think for themselves didn't already know the obvious.

For the sake of fair disclosure I should say that I never did like Pete Rose. He's too much of a jack ass for my tastes - but I will not dispute that he was a great ball player.

I also don't think it's necessary for a guy to be a decent human being for him to be eligible for the Hall of Fame. If that were a cardinal rule the old guard would have to take down Ty Cobb's plague.

So I beg of you Mr. Selig - just let Pete Rose in all already. I'm sick of the talking heads giving him air time....

No comments: