Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Friday, December 19, 2003

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.



Bah Humbug.



My part of the midwest is finally getting some snow - and the gods must be making up for lost time because it's coming down pretty fast and furious. All this means my commute home will at least take an hour - if not longer. Too bad I don't keep skis in the trunk.



I did finish up a interesting book recently - Night Fires by Karen Harbaugh. I really ended up liking it - which was a bit of a suprise for me since the heroine is a vampire. I don't do vampires as a general rule, but the author blessedly writes her story more in the vein of a gothic romance than wall-to-wall vampirism. I'm currently killing time until after Christmas reading some Harlequins I have stashed away.



Other big news is that I'll be MIA on the Internet the entire week of Christmas. My boyfriend who now lives in sunny California is coming home for the holiday - which means - well you know. So don't expect much blogging until the week of New Years.

No comments: