Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Monday, December 8, 2003

I had forgotten how only having one weekend day off blows. I know - I've had so much vacation time lately it's not like I have much of a right to bitch. Yours truly worked Saturday, which also happened to be our holiday craft and Santa-is-visiting day. I have never been so happy to see 3PM roll around.



I did not get to watch the Buffalo Bills/NY Jets game yesterday - but na na na na Tait! So much for your J-E-T-S Jets, Jets Jets!



I suppose I should explain that. My boyfriend called me from California (for a recipe of all things) and he was hanging out with a college buddy who happens to live a mere 1 hour (or so) away. They were going to watch "the big game" (I can't believe I just typed that with a straight face) thanks to NFL Sunday Ticket. I made a wise crack about the Jets and naturally Tait got on the line and started to raz me. Said he was going to call me every time the Jets scored a touchdown and yell into my answering machine.



Needless to say I didn't get any calls (the final score? 17-6 Go Bills!). So Ha!



Basking in the glow of reading non-review books. My last couple of shipments have been downright dreadful. Even the brief respite of License to Thrill by Lori Wilde couldn't completely wash away the bad taste in my mouth.



I'm currently working on two holiday romance antholgies - Gifts of the Season by Miranda Jarrett, Lyn Stone and Anne Gracie and Frontier Christmas by Ana Leigh, Carolyn Davidson, and Kate Bridges. I've been in more of a western mood, so I'm making better progress on Frontier than Gifts (which is set in Regency England). I also need to find the time to read The Trouble With Angels by Debbie Macomber. My staff book discussion group wanted a light, holiday read - and what could be lighter than a romance featuring 3 bumbling guardian angels?

No comments: