Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Monday, October 20, 2003

I've been slightly annoyed since Saturday because my free e-mail account at Netscape went on the fritz. I couldn't send or receive anything - and when I did try to send I got a lovely generic error message to "try back later."



Since I refuse to pay for tech support on a free e-mail account (which Netscape does), I opted to just open up a new account at Yahell - ahem - Yahoo. This meant switching everything over.



I've found myself using my free web-based e-mail for more things these days. If I can't tie it into my library job - it goes through my free account. Among other things, I use it for book reviewing, listservs and the e-mail form at my web site.



I had a busy weekend. I babysat my niece on Saturday who later told her mother that Aunt We-We was "fun." High praise from an almost 2-year-old indeed. I also spent some time with my younger sister who was in town visiting.



I did little to no reading this weekend. I did finish Ranger's Wild Woman by Tina Leonard on Friday - but then didn't pick up another book until my lunch break today. On the agenda for this evening? Reading more of May The Best Man Die by Deborah Donnelly.

No comments: