Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Monday, October 27, 2003

I'm so behind in my blogging!

First things first - a big WOOHOO to the Florida Marlins for winning the World Series and defeating the Yankees at home! I was beyond joyous I tell you. I'm still carrying around a little bit of afterglow.

Continuing with the sports related chatter - boy did my Buffalo Bills look awful last night. I couldn't bring myself to watch the whole game - I gave up about the time Josh Reed fumbled the ball in the 2nd quarter.

My weekend flew by - much too quickly I might add. I didn't get much of anything done, including reading. A shame since I'm working on a very interesting romantic suspense at the moment.

Dead Ringer by Annie Solomon features one very unusual heroine. She's a party girl who has a thing for hooking up with rich, older men. Her latest sugar daddy has just kicked the bucket when the hero, a Federal Agent, comes calling. Seems her long lost mother was married to a mob-connected gazillionaire who may have heisted some plutonium. The Feds want the plutonium found, and they need the heroine to do.

All of this is interesting because it's immediately love/hate between hero and heroine. She's a lot more than she appears to be on the surface, but the hero is just a tad bitter of his former wife's betrayal. Naturally the traitorous wife was a good-time party girl just like our heroine.

Normally the he-been-done-wrong-so-all-women-are-evil type heroes annoy me - but this poor guy has been through the ringer. The heroine is also not making things easy for herself since her party-girl image tends to rear up as a defense mechanism. These two are very different from the normal Alpha hero and virginal-pure romance characters that tend to glut the market so on that score I'm enjoying this book.

Now to see if the author can pull off this love match after all the animosity that's been floating around thus far....

No comments: