Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Friday, August 29, 2003

Yeah I know - another new look. I just can't help myself I guess.

Long weekend here I come - and the best part is I am not traveling. No fighting with the traffic on the highways and byways. I plan to do my normal weekend rountine of laundry, shopping and cleaning - just maybe with some more reading time in.

I am reading a pretty good romantic suspense novel right now, The Shadow Side by Linda Castillo. The heroine is a scientist for a drug company and is getting a major award for helping to create a hot new anti-depressant. Then the hero has to show up and ruin it all for her.

He's a burnt-out cop on disability (he took a bullet in the head - Ouch!), who is desperately trying to find a "reason" for his brother's part in a murder/suicide (he killed his pregnant wife, then shot himself). The hero thinks he has found a link when he learns his brother was taking the hot new antidepressent. Turns out, his brother wasn't the only non-violent person taking the drug that later ended up commiting a violent act.

It's been a real page-turner so far - can't wait to get back to it.

Happy Labor Day!

No comments: