Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Tuesday, August 19, 2003

I can finally come up for air - albeit briefly.



We're currently going through some personnel changes here at work, and the one that directly effects me is the hiring of a new library page. Since I am the page supervisor, it's my job to train the young man. Pages do things like shelving, working the circulation desk, and various other office duties.



Besides that, I was temporarily walled in at my cubicle by 5 boxes full of paperback books that a couple of my branch locations weeded. I managed to get through those today - but it took a good portion of my afternoon. I expect more books to continue to arrive over the course of the next couple of weeks.



Now all I have to do to get caught up is to go through the 3 book review magazines that have been sitting in my In-box since last week. I'd do it tonight - but I have to get back to training.



What else? I'm down to the last 2.5 tapes of Harry Potter #5 on audio. It is getting too good for words! I'm half tempted to take it in my apartment tonight, put on my headphones and tune out the TV (and my boyfriend). Alas, that would put my man in a foul mood and I'd probably miss Nip/Tuck. Can't have that now can we?

No comments: