Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Saturday, May 3, 2003

I haven't posted in a while because it's been one of those weeks at work. Nothing dire to report, I've just been super busy trying to get everything done.

I'm leaving obscenely early on Monday morning for a library conference up in lovely Mackinac Island, Michigan. I'm really looking forward to getting away for a few days - even if it is a working vacation. This conference is just for rural libraries, which is always fun, since there are adult services oriented workshops on other topics beside computers. I am merely the back-up person when it comes to our library's computer issues - so to actually see workshops scheduled on fiction and collection development is fabulous.

However, let us get down to the real issue at hand - what books am I going to pack? No clue yet. Shameful isn't it? Since I'll probably only have reading time in between workshops, I think I'm going to just grab a handful of Harlequins and call it good. I'd also like to go on a little series binge - if only to knock a couple of books off my ever-expanding to-be-read pile that is quickly turning into a small mountain range.

See you all later next week!

No comments: