Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Thursday, May 29, 2003

Back into the swing of reviewing and I have to say - I didn't realize how much I missed it. Sure it was great to take a long break. I could read anything my little heart desired and I didn't have to think about it. I could say to myself "Self, I liked this book" or "Self this book blew monkey chunks," but I didn't have to analyze my feelings any further than that. Turns out I missed the analyzing - who would have thunk it?

I'm currently working on a mystery - Dying To Meet You by Jennifer Apodaca. This is the second in the Samantha Shaw series and features a very interesting heroine. In the first book - Dating Can Be Murder - Sam found out that her deceased husband had been cheating on her with multiple women. Our fair heroine gets revenge by dumping her soccer-mom image, losing some weight, getting a boob job, buying a sexy new wardrobe and buying the dating service where she met her husband. Unfortunately for Sam the revelations keep coming when she finds out that scummy-boy left her and their 2 sons broke, and was involved in some sort of illegal activity.

In book 2, Sam has that little mystery solved, but she's still reeling from her husband's betrayal. She doesn't entirely trust her judgment about men - including the sexy former cop, now private investigator in her life - Gabe Pulizzi. However she starts seeing a lot of Gabe, and a new cop in town, Logan Vance, when a former client of her dating service is founded murdered. All this in between reviewing romance novels, being a mom, and having her dating service smeared in the local newspaper - what's a girl to do?

I'm having just as much fun reading this second installment as I did when I read the first - I can't wait to get back to it this evening.

No comments: