Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Monday, May 19, 2003

Another Monday. Where oh where are my weekends going?

I'm currently housesitting for my sister and brother-in-law who took my darling niece to visit family in Ohio. They have 2 cats and a very large dog (he's a 130 lb. mutt) they prefer not to board - so yours truly is holding down the fort. This isn't so bad because, while their furniture isn't nearly as comfy as mine, they have the world's largest TV sitting in their living room. Katie Couric's head looked about 6 feet tall this morning.

Taking care of the pets has been a mild adventure so far. The dog farted last night and scared himself. Heck, he scared me too since he reeked! Then the mentally challenged cat hacked up a hairball right in front of me yesterday evening. No lurking off to a secret location for Shadow - he prefers to be obvious. That leaves Misty - the little female who is, as always, perfect in every way.

Do you think it's a coincidence that the farting dog and hairball-hacking cat are males? Hmmmm.....

No comments: