Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Tuesday, April 22, 2003

I'm in a much better mood today - promise! No more ranting about the idiot boys who live upstairs from me, for now at least.

The NHL playoff games need to stop going into overtime. Don't these guys know that I have to get up for work in the morning? So as much as I wanted to finish watching the Toronto/Philly game last night - I just couldn't make it past the first OT. Thankfully Toronto won and I'm currently crossing my fingers for Game 7.

I'm also counting down the days until May 5, when I get to go to lovely Mackinac Island, Michigan for a library conference. For those of you who have never been to Michigan's Upper Penisula let's see if I can sum it up for you. Lots of trees, lots of deer, and a few people.

It's truly lovely, and even though I'll probably freeze my who-has off the 3 days that I'll be there - I'm really looking forward to it. It will be a working vacation - but in between attending workshops, I'm hoping to get a little sightseeing in - and as usual, a little reading.

No comments: