Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Wednesday, April 23, 2003

I have to stop pulling for certain hockey teams - so long Toronto, it was fun while it lasted. But a big WooHoo to Minnesota for knocking off Colorado. That just about made my day when I saw the bottom line on ESPN this morning.

Everyone needs to feel a little pity for me this weekend. Why? It's NFL draft weekend. Now, I adore football - but the draft tends to make my brain go numb. Naturally I'm dating a guy who loves the draft - he probably will be unable to tear himself away from the TV all weekend. Of course, this does mean that I might be able to sneak in some reading. I'm a slow read as is, but I'm positively at a crawl right now.

I did just start book #30 yesterday - Becca's Baby by Tara Taylor Quinn. Published under the Harlequin SuperRomance banner, it is the first book in Quinn's Shelter Valley series. This is definitely going to be a different read for yours truly, because not only are the characters "old" by romance novel standards (they are in their early 40s), but hero and heroine are already married.

The basic plot is as follows - after years of believing they are infertile, the couple learns that they are pregnant - the first time in 20 years of marriage. Naturally, chaos ensues.

No comments: