Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Monday, April 28, 2003

For those of you not in the know - people actually go to college to become librarians. Not only that - we are misguided enough to earn Master's degrees (I'm grossly overeducated and don't make nearly enough money to show for it, but that's another blog entirely).

Like most college educations - there were certain things that just weren't covered during my 5.5 year tenure at SUNY Buffalo. Like on most days librarians are nothing more than free daycare. Or those times when one has to crawl on the floor with duct tape (don't ask). Or like today - when I found myself lying on the floor, on my side, while dismantling shelving with little more than a screwdriver and some fervent prayers.

How's that for glamorous?

No comments: