Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Thursday, March 13, 2003

Well I've been MIA for the last few days mainly because I've been rather busy at work. Since they pay me the big librarian bucks to do my job, and I've been near exhaustion by the time I get home, my blog has lapsed.

I'm back to pulling some part-time shifts at one of our branch locations - so for the next few Mondays I'll get to see how the other half lives. Children coming into the library with parents - actually checking out books - and not driving me insane. That's the life. I spend a great many of my afternoons at the home office just doing basic crowd control. The last 2 afternoons have left me feeling so crispy around the edges that all I can think about afterwards involves the fetal position, alcohol and 12 hours of sleep.

My part of the Midwest got zapped with a minor ice storm last night - and while every school in the area ended up closing - it really wasn't all that bad. If I can drive 50mph on my way to work - all is right with the world. The hardest part of my commute was the 20 minutes or so it took me to scrap off my car. I really had to throw some muscle into it - and with my scrawny girlie arms, it wasn't easy.

I'm still working on the trashy Thea Devine novel that I started earlier this week. I have a mere 100 pages left - and the convoluted suspense thread is started to heat up. When I get 2 dead bodies in one book - life is good. And in true Devine fashion - there's been enough sex to cause the rest of my father's hair to fall out. Mindless trashy fun - but life is short right?

No comments: