Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Friday, March 7, 2003

There was nothing on TV last night. I mean nothing. Normally I would have just caught up on my reading, but my boyfriend had that glazed over, hopelessly bored look in his eyes - so we played a game.



Dan picked out Trivial Pursuit. Now this happens to be my favorite game, mainly because I win 9 times out of 10. I'm convinced that it's a game designed specifically with liberal arts degree holders in mind. It was a pretty fast game, and I won with the following question: What city outlawed samba dancing in tunnels? Come on - doesn't everyone know this {g}? I guessed Rio and I was right. Dan was floored - "How did you know that?" Deduction my dear man - deduction.



Why would a city outlaw samba dancing in tunnels? Well - there must have been a need, and if there was a need that would imply that people would dance in the streets on occasion. What city would have people dancing in the streets? Well, New Orleans during Mardi Gras and Rio during Carnival. Since it was specifically samba dancing - I went with Rio :-)



TGIF to all you working slugs out there. Is it just me or has this been the longest week on record? I probably won't get much blogging done over the weekend (I tend to only get online to check my mail on my days off) - but I do have plans. I hope to get some reading in - I have a book discussion coming up. I also might find myself hitting the movie theater - but unsure on this one yet. I also volunteered to babysit my niece on Sunday for a couple of hours. This should be loads of fun, and as an added bonus she's fairly easy to entertain. She's at that stage where the world looks terribly interesting upside down.



Until Monday....

No comments: