Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Saturday, March 1, 2003

There is one thing about working Saturdays at the library - there's absolutely no traffic to fight with during the morning commute. Did you know that nobody seems to want to be driving around at 8AM on a Saturday? Go figure.



This early morning weekend commute also means that the radio stations are actually playing music. No channel surfing to avoid the endless droning of djs. (I'm currently in between audio books {g}). When I landed on one of my favorite classic rock stations they were playing the very memorable Lynyrd Skynyrd song "What's Your Name?"



I'm sure it's probably horribly un-PC of me to admit I like this song, but as I was singing along, I was wondering - wouldn't it be grand if the roles were reversed? I can't believe I'd be the only one to get a kick out of a woman singing a song about a guy that followed the same pattern as "What's Your Name?" Get to work all you female rocker types! Chop chop!

No comments: