Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Thursday, March 20, 2003

I woke up at 2:30AM this morning and thought I was dying. Besides my normal wacky digestive problems, I felt like I was going to - well - pray to the porcelian god. I felt awful. I still feel marginally icky, but am more exhausted than anything else.



My darling boyfriend did forward something to me today though that cheered me right up. One of our dear friends, who now lives in sunny California, sent the following quote to him about Buffalo, NY:



"Buffalo is a rite of passage. It's where driving skills are honed, patience is nurtured, cabin fever is conquered, snow shoveling is the aerobic exercise of choice, and the hum of snow blowers drifts in the air. Buffalo is not for the weak."



I lived in Buffalo for almost 6 years, and have to say that pretty much sums it up. The only things missing are mentions of chicken wings and reasonably priced Canadian beer....

No comments: