Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Monday, March 17, 2003

I have never understood St. Patrick's Day. Let's celebrate good ole Pat bringing Christianity to Ireland by getting stinking drunk and pinching anyone who isn't wearing green. Don't get me wrong - I love the Irish. I spent way too much time in college studying the country's history, and I'm tempted to run away with any man with an Irish accent. I know, such shameful, impure thoughts from a librarian - how embarrassing...



I may very well be part Irish - but my family is such a pack of mongrels, it's hard to say. I do have red hair and freckles - and that's usually a giveaway. I do know for certain I'm part English (which explains the whole tea addiction) and German. So, to be on the safe side - I did dig out a green shirt to wear today. However, I doubt I'll get any beer - even if it does sound heavenly.

No comments: