Me: Dude, there's a reason for that. Read on Lemon Drop....if you dare!
Title links will take you to full reviews.
The Unlikely Wife by Debra Ullrick, Inspirational historical romance, Love Inspired Historical, 2012, Grade = C
- A heroine with promise and a decent message that fumbles on the execution. Lots of "dialect" and a rather heavy "God" element.
- My TBR Challenge read of the month. A textbook Super that delivered exactly what I want out of this line. Strong emotional storyline featuring characters with oodles of baggage.
- A lack of tension to the romance, a bit of series-itis, and a heroine who falls on hard times mostly from her own lack of foresight. But I still got sucked in by the hero's two hunky BFFs. Who, you know, will get future books in this trilogy.
- Excellent banter mixed in to a frothy concoction of a story. Unfortunately I wasn't so wild about the heroine prone to magical thinking....
- A promising premise that flounders thanks to a proliferation of "hero logic" and so much sequel-baiting that my eyes started to swim.
- BDSM story that didn't make my blood pressure spike, but I felt the deceptive hero didn't pay nearly enough for his lack of honesty. I wanted bloody knees and begging for forgiveness. Vindictive thy name is Wendy.
- A sexy short story, but I couldn't let go of the fact that the hero was preforming so admirably while suffering from a knife wound in his side.
- Saw this one getting flambeed elsewhere online, but I liked it for what it was. Liked the danger element to the ending, although the lack of definition to the hero's job and a heroine still a virgin after three failed engagements did strain a bit.
- Interesting hero and story, but one that suffers from not enough word count. Would have benefited immensely even at novella length.
Me: No. No, I am not. C reads depress me, and I somehow managed to hit the motherlode in January.
Lemon Drop: Cheer up Auntie Wendy! Look at me! See how cute I am? I've got dimples!
Me: Well, your dimples are cute. Now I just need to find something really great to read.....
Lemon Drop: Seriously, you have like a one track mind Auntie Wendy.....