Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hello Cowboys!

So I got Linda Lael Miller's latest newsletter in my inbox and this was the banner - large as life - right there filling the top of my browser screen:


Uh......

Yes, please?

Is that an acceptable answer?

(Seriously, guys with their clothes on.  Even when I'm totally inappropriate and objectifying men - I somehow end up doing it "wrong."  But hey, at least this blog is still safe to read at work.  Or for that matter, in front of your kidlets.)

9 comments:

Renee said...

…and, they still manage to look mighty sexy--shirts and all! Personally, I prefer this to the mantitty. I can use my imagination for the rest. ;-)

Sarah M. Anderson said...

Real Men look mighty fine with or without their shirts on. This is quite the image!

Reina M. Williams said...

I got this too...and I agree. :) Also love her book trailers which showcase those clothed cowboys. ;)
And Renee--lol! I can do without all the "mantitty" as well.

Unknown said...

I know! How can they just make you drool and still be appropriate viewing material for my babies?

Leslie said...

Clothes or no clothes, cowboys are sexy. :)

Big Sis said...

Eenie, meenie, miney, hey, where's Moe?

marelou said...

LOL. . totally agree with you with the clothed/unclothed thing. I can drool over a hunky guy dressed to the nines as well as a hunky guy with barely there clohtes.

and I think "Yes, please" is an appropriate answer. I would have said, "May I have some more, please?"

joykenn said...

I'm so sick of the shirtless, oiled and hairless closeups of male torsos. I like eye candy as much as the next woman but they're so smooth and pampered that they look plastic. How about a cowboy or a carpenter with bits of sawdust stuck to his sweaty neck or whatever. Sopmeone who looks like he works for a living. Roarke wouldn't be bad either--the smooth, welldressed sophisticate. Give me some guy with substance to look at and not overly oiled male models.

Wendy said...

Big Sis: I wish I could say Moe swung by the Bat Cave, but alas, he seems to be running a little late. Or maybe he got lost?

Everybody: I've always felt that clothes make the man - and when I oogle, I tend to go with a guy wearing....well....clothes. I'm pretty equal opportunity too. Like Joy mentioned - I'll take Roarke in a well-tailor suit just as readily as I'll take a cowboy rockin' a pair of jeans.