Title links will take you to full reviews.
Song Of Seduction by Carrie Lofty - Carina Press, Historical romance ebook, 2010, Grade = B+
- A passionate romance set in Salzburg against a classical music backdrop. Two deeply emotionally scarred characters, excellent use of history, and passion that sings off the pages. I did find the pacing a bit slow going in the beginning, but everything else about this story is a real winner.
- Another duddy read for Keishon's TBR Challenge. Secret Agent Man hero runs up against heroine, a woman he had a sizzling affair with for a week and got his Dear Jane letter as thanks. A hero who lies for a living and a heroine who can't seem to control her hormones around the hero even though he treats her like dirt. Joy. Harlequin Cheat Sheet: Secret Agent Hero Who Had A Crap Childhood, Reunited, A Heroine Who Keeps Losing Her Panties, Grovel Scene At End.
- The final story (uh, I think) in a Spice Briefs trilogy. Erotic romance author in need of inspiration goes to exclusive sex club (seriously is there like one of these on every corner in Erotic Romancelandia?) and hooks up with former crush. The back story gave me some pause (she was a 22-year-old student teacher and he a 19-year-old student when they met) and the way safe sex was handled in this story annoyed me. But, this entire trilogy has been spicy and steamy while not being kinky and weird - so if you're desperate for "hot vanilla," these may be right up your alley.
- Warrior hero and independent-minded heroine find themselves on the run together thanks to eviiiilllll villain. A strong Alpha hero who falls hard for the heroine and will do anything to protect her. Intelligent heroine who finds her family roots coming back to haunt her. An excellent, well-done medieval. Strongly recommended.
- Category length romance featuring a yummy beyond words Alpha hero and a heroine whose conflict response didn't really work for me. Sizzling sex scenes, and did I mention the yummy hero? Worth a look, especially for Harlequin Presents and Silhouette Desire fans.
- Brainiac heroine is being framed for an explosion that destroys the research lab where she was working. She turns to the hero for help, a man she has an uncomfortable past with. Intelligent characters, plenty of action scenes, and some nice tweakage of a common Harlequin trope. Harlequin Cheat Sheet: Inexperienced Heroine, Disgraced Former Cop Hero, Framed And On The Run.
- A romance between a parlormaid and a footman set at the Vanderbilt's Biltmore estate. Light touch with the inspirational elements, excellent use of history, but I could have used a little more oomph to the romance.
- Heroine calls off wedding after she catches fiance' cheating. She keeps the honeymoon though, heads to Jamaica and gets her groove back with sexy hero. The conflict lacked enough juice to keep me interested, and this book dragged for the majority. However, great sassy heroine, hunky hero, and some angst during the final third salvage the proceedings. Harlequin Cheat Sheet: Jilted Heroine, Widower Hero, One Lyin' Cheatin' Ex, Family, Is This Love?
- Petulant spoiled brat heroine who wants to raise champion race horses on her Daddy's ranch gets into argument with drifter hero in chapter one because he had the gall to repair her elderly grandmother's broken fence. Seriously, the nerve of the man! Also, when it became apparent that 19-year-old heroine was still unaware of the family baggage that's been hauled out over the previous two books of the series, I knew the author was going to have to let her in on it during this book and frankly? I'm over it. Dropped it after the first couple of chapters, so no full-length review.
- Wanting to get out from under her brother's thumb, heroine decides to elope with perfect stranger she pulls out of the muck near Gretna Green. When it turns out he's a Duke, things get complicated. Nice heroine saddled with a hero who I thought was a slimy asshole. However, strong romantic scenes and really good chemistry step in to save the day. Harlequin Cheat Sheet: Bookish Plain Jane Heroine, Rake Hero, Evil Other Woman, Marriage Of Convenience.