Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Monday, July 7, 2008

Tomorrow, A Restraining Order

Katie(babs) has apparently been stalking the RWA web site, and just fired off an e-mail to me (and others) to declare from the mountain top that "The List Has Been Posted!"

Dear Katie, is talking about the list of authors that will be signing at the "Readers For Life" Literacy Signing in San Francisco on July 30. Even if you couldn't pony up the bucks to attend the whole conference, if you're in the area, I do encourage you to check this one event out. It's open to the public, and is honestly the best time to be had at the entire conference (says I). Also, the money from every book you purchase goes to various literacy charities. Since 1991, RWA has donated $600,000 to literacy organizations.

That's so colossally awesome - words fail.

Usually there is one author, every year, that sends me into a fit of fangirl squee-ing. Last year it was Emma Holly. This year, while there are oodles of authors I will most definitely be stopping by to see, I'm happy to report that booksigning attendees will be spared from any latent fangirl tendencies I have.

I was going to post a list of authors I have plans to stop by and say hello to - but damn, it's a long list. I will say that this year's mission will be to have Thea Devine sign my copy of Desired (y'all have your J.R. Ward crack, I have my Thea Devine crack), and to hit Nora's line early in the event that she'll be signing copies of Tribute. Never mind that I still have High Noon to read. Geez.

7 comments:

Katiebabs a.k.a KB said...

Yes, it is true, I have been stalking the RWA site. :D

shayera said...

I'm totally sad that I won't make it up there.
But totally psyched that I just finished reading Tribute. A very excellent book. I absolutely loved Ford. And Spock.
Pretty much the best score out of ALA last weekend.

Wendy said...

Shayera: Damn, you got Tribute at ALA?! I pretty much walked away empty handed. I was rather disappointed in the exhibits this year.

shayera said...

Wendy, Penguin had that massive display of new books. It was $5.00 for hardcovers. I spotted Tribute and was all "I have to have this please!" I was their first sale of the day. And I even had the gall to tell them they were breaking street date. ;-) They looked at me as if I was insane. But the precious was mine! Mine I tell you!
I was massively disappointed in the exhibits. Maybe it's too many years of BEA. But the ALA floor was so underwhelming. I only got 13 or 14 new titles. Practically nothing!

Katiebabs a.k.a KB said...

Wendy: I have Tribute from the publisher if you want?

Wendy said...

Shayera: Totally agree - very underwhelming. If I had been shopping for an automation system or RFID, I would have been happy - but hello? Where were the books? I think having BEA and ALA in relatively the same area only a month apart really hurt the ALA exhibits this year. A lot of publishers chose BEA and that was that.

Katie: What a sweetie you are! But that's OK. I'll either buy my copy at RWA for charity or get my hands on a work copy. Like I said, I still have High Noon to read!

charleneteglia said...

Thea Devine rocks. Love her latest (The Guy Diet, Blaze anthology)

And...some authors signed up too late for the lit signing but will be at their publisher sponsored signings.