Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Little Miss Crabby Pants Needed More Beer

The baseball game last night can pretty much be summed up by the e-mail I got from the Older Sis this morning:
I am so sorry. I am just so sorry. I don't know what to say to console you. How those boys could torture you so is just beyond my comprehension. I feel for you. Hang in there.
Both the Angels and the Tigers were determined to not win the game last night. It was 0-0 through the 11th inning. Don't ask me how. I mean, Carlos Guillen practically tried to give the game away by impersonating a third baseman again (two, count 'em two!, errors thankyouverymuch). Finally in the 12th inning, one of my crappy bullpen pitchers must have decided enough was enough and walked in - yes walked in - the winning run. Angels 1, Wendy's Crappy Tigers 0.

Torture. It was pure torture.

In slightly better news, we did have awesome seats down the third base line, just past the netting behind home plate. Since Pudge Rodriguez is a right-handed hitter, that means I got a spectacular view of his incredible butt.

Sigh, but walking in the winning run?! I mean, you really have to try to be that crappy.

That's it. I'm hitting the bookstore today on my lunch break. I'm hoping to find Killing Bridezilla by Laura Levine. B&N and Borders have it listed as June 1, but Amazon has the laydown date as today, May 27. That should make me feel better. Maybe. If not, I definitely need to start drinking more.

9 comments:

azteclady said...

You need a margarita... or a pitcher of them :hug:

Big Sis said...

Hey, let my know how you like Killing Bridezilla. I saw it on the "Hotpicks" shelf at the library and almost picked it up. (I got A Thousand Splendid Suns instead).
We broke down and bought more TV channels today so we could get Fox sports. Those Tigers better shape up or they'll be reimbursing me for my cable bill.

David said...

Ah, taken right out of the Kenny Rogers playbook.

Wendy said...

Big Sis: Haven't found Killing Bridezilla yet. The Borders near work didn't have it on the shelf yet (Bastards!) and we haven't received our copies at work yet. ::sob:: The hunt continues.

David: Kenny actually pitched halfway decent. Not great, cuz he got himself in some jams - but a definite improvement. I can't recall where he was when he walked in the winning run during that playoff game. One of the NY teams? Atlanta? Who can recall now.....

Cathy in AK said...

Here's the sad thing: Your Tigers are doing better than my Mariners. The M's have the lowest winning percentage in MLB. The. Lowest. I can't even stand to watch anymore.

So quit yer whining, missy : P And pass the beer.

David said...

Wendy, he was with the Mets and walked in a run in the 11th inning to give the Braves the win in the NLCS. His second loss in the series. Trust me, people remember :)

Wendy said...

Ah, that's what it was. With the Mets, Atlanta winning. At least I had the two teams right, just couldn't remember who was who. Pretty good for a girl who is really clueless on 99% of anything to do with the NL.....

Cathy: Yeah, we recently swept the M's. I didn't take much comfort in it though. I'm waiting for us to sweep a team that's not low man on the totem pole.

Cathy in AK said...

Didn't take ANY comfort in it? Now that's just mean : )

OK, so I can't blame you there.

Bartender, draw me another.

Cathy in AK said...

Oh, sorry, you did say you didn't take MUCH comfort in the sweep. My bad.

I feel better now : P