Yes, I'm on a diet. I started it this morning. Which means in another couple of hours I'll be ready to throw myself off a cliff.
Why am I torturing myself? I've gotten too heavy. I am 5'9", but that's no excuse for putting on the weight that I have. Plus, my eating habits are truly atrocious. Personally I think vegetables taste like tree bark, but everyone keeps telling me I should be eating them.
So what is the plan?
- Eat less.
- Skip the fast food. None. Zilch. Nada.
- Drink more water.
- No soda.
- No happy, fun, delicious junk food in the apartment.
- Exercise a little bit every day. Even if it's for only 10 minutes. That's way better than what I was doing which was not exercising at all. I'm also going to incorporate quick walks on my lunch break at work.
- Giving up chocolate. There would be a dozen dead bodies within 24 hours. Instead I hope to limit my intake and try to satisfy my cravings with lower calorie alternatives.
- Giving up sweetened tea. I need my morning caffeine and I need it sweetened. Plus I figure a spoonful of honey is way better than dumping some bizarre, chemically engineered sweetener in my tea.
- Weighing myself constantly. I weighed myself yesterday and don't plan to step on the scale again for a month.
- Beat myself up if I stumble. Frankly I fully expect to have "bad days." I've already got one marked on the calender. The southern California bloggers hope to get together on the 29th and I just don't see myself saying "no" to dessert.
- My dream is to get back down to a size 10. The men reading this blog post are probably thinking "OMG, what a heifer!" but I was a size 10 when I graduated college and was very happy at that weight. Plus, I'm 5'-frickin'-9" and come from good German and English farming stock. Wearing a size 6 again would mean looking like Nicole Ritchie, and frankly me (and my doctor) don't want to go there.
- Lose fat, gain some muscle, lose weight (God, I can hope!)