Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Pantie Raid

Here at the Super Librarian Bat Cave we're all about throwing our panties at deserving Detroit Tigers players. And, of course, the players that have the cutest butts (which is why we do a lot of pantie throwing at Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez).

But last night, Young Mr. Justin Verlander pitched a no-hitter against a very good Milwaukee Brewers team (I know "very good" and "Brewers" in the same sentence still sounds odd to my ears too). So in honor of the achievement we here at the Bat Cave offer up Justin a 12-Pantie-Salute. So proud, so cute, and with (unfortunately) a pretty cute girlfriend (who came running out on to the field last night and almost tackled him).

Well darn. Even Super Librarians can't win 'em all. Still a Tigers pitcher throwing a no-hitter. Damn near brings a tear to my eye.

5 comments:

Rosie said...

For you, I watched this. I loved the "Hardy's tardy and fouls away". Definitely worth a panty or two.

Kristie (J) said...

I probably mentione this before, but we were in Cleveland years ago following the Jays and were at the game when Dave Steib threw his no-hitter. There's nothing quite like being there in person I tell you. When I heard about Verlander's no-hitter I of course thought of you. I hadn't seen it though - so thanks for the link. That was fun! I just wish they had shown more of the team and fan reaction at the very end there.

Wendy said...

Kristie:
Yeah, that was the best video I got off YouTube. There was another that showed more of the player celebration (which was awesome - even Gary Sheffield hugged Verlander!) but it was all in Spanish LOL

I missed all of the game (damn work!), but caught the 9th inning and the celebration.

Kristie said...

It was so wonderful watching that. There was no better pitcher that could have completed a no hitter. Justin is hot, however my fave is Curtis (who I just love everything I read about him!) as well as Nate who unfortunetly is on the DL right now. But I still get to see Curtis! I love him so...

Rosie said...

And they say romance has rabid fan girls...