Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

It's A Baseball Miracle!

After whomping on the Kansas City Royals this weekend (which is admittedly like shooting fish in a barrel these days - sorry KC fans) my Detroit Tigers have clinched their first playoff spot since 1987. 1980-frickin'-7.

I'm happy. I'm pleased. I'm trying to ignore the fact that I really think the Skankies win the World Series this year (should I beat the Christmas rush and start sacrificing goats now?). But whatever. My Tigers pulled it off. We still have a division to win - but even with some extremely rocky play this past month (and the Twins breathing down our necks) we're making the post season.

I think this is what they mean by "unknown territory."

Back to books tomorrow....

3 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

Whooo hoooo for the Tigers. I haven't been following baseball that much recently - not since the Jays go officially knocked out of contention. I was aware that the Yankees clinched it - again - *sigh* and I knew that the Tigers were neck in neck. Since the Jays are out - I'm backing the Tigers!!

Tara Marie said...

Congrats to your Tigers.

Rosie said...

Wendy said son who loves the Reds is wearing a black arm band today because he also loves the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who as of yesterday are 0-3. So as a wife and mother of sports fans whose moods are prone to rise and fall with their teams, I offer you my congratulations and felicitations. Hope you celebrated suitably!