My dream for this season was a winning one. Over .500. That's all this girl was asking for. Now it looks like we're making the playoffs (short of a serious implosion). But I fear for my boys. Truly I do. Because now there are expectations. People are actually voluntarily spending time in downtown Detroit to watch ballgames. I'm not sure how far we'll go in the playoffs, assuming we make it - but something tells me if it ain't a World Series win that "fans" will be throwing a fit.
Seriously, y'all are just greedy. At this point I'm willing to get a tattoo in honor of us winning the AL Central Division - not that I'd actually do it. Low tolerance for pain and all.
So what are my continued dreams for the end of the season? So glad you asked!
- The Yankees need to keep losing money. This is actually more of a long term goal, but I'm nothing if not blood-thirsty.
- The Yankees don't make the playoffs. This is more like a pipe dream now since Boston currently has their collective heads up their asses.
- Watch more Blue Jays highlights. This one is for KristieJ. At the start of the year The Boyfriend said, "Oh yeah, we'll be in 3rd place with a higher payroll!" Looks like he's right. But man, I'm loving your boy Gibbons more and more every day. Seriously, y'all have needed some fire on that team for a long time.
- Big Fat-Ass is not going to get the MVP. Besides the obvious fact that he plays half the game, his OPS just got back to .400 people. And in case anyone knowing Ortiz personally reads this - kidding! I'm kidding! (OK, the guy scares the hell out of me. I don't care if he's got a good smile - Scares. The. Hell. Out. Of. Me.)
- Give the MVP to Joe Mauer. Although I suspect he'll get robbed because that idiot Jeter is the sexier choice. Blah, blah, blah - he plays in NY. Who frickin' cares? Yeah, KristieJ I was pulling for your boy Vernon too - but he's fading down the stretch.
- My boy Verlander for Rookie Of The Year. Although I suspect he'll get robbed because that idiot Papelbon is the sexier choice. Blah, blah, blah - he plays in Boston. Who frickin' cares?
- The Tigers look respectable down the stretch and in the playoffs. I'll be fine if we lose - just as long as we don't lose ugly. And we have a tendency to lose real ugly.