Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Friday, May 19, 2006

So This Is What The Apocalypse Is Like

Since Romance BlogLand is currently featuring a bunch of back-biting bitching that I'm not in the mood for at the moment (plenty of other blogs are covering it all - check out the blog roll if you care) I thought I'd talk about something really important (how's that for a run-on sentence?)

The Detroit Tigers are 27-13. This means they have the best record in all of Major League Baseball. Yes, better than the dreaded Skankies and the Red Sox. They're in first place in the American League Central Division for the first time in -

God, who the hell knows. It's been so long.

It's like I'm in Bizarro Land.

Do I think this will last? Assuming our pitching doesn't meltdown, yes. In the meantime I'm sacrificing small animals to every deity I can think of.

(OK not really).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband is so incredibly excited about that! After the Red Wings tood a dive and who knows about the Pistons. But he has always been a huge fan of the Tigers and I love to see him so happy! I hope they keep it up!

Kristie (J) said...

Yes - I have noticed that the Tigers are in first place. And since they aren't in the same division as the Jays, I can be very, very happy for you :)

Kate R said...

okay Superlibrarian: a test. . . what's the name of that short story in which the universe ends because a particular ball team wins the world series?

Hmmmm. I think the team was the White Sox (but the Tigers works too) and the writer was WP Kinsella.

I don't think the book was blue.