Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Romancing The Blog And Mystery Book

My latest column is up over at Romancing The Blog. Darnit - I was gunning for a flame war and so far everyone is so dang chipper.

I got home from work last night to discover that I had gotten a book in the mail. Now, this is no strange occurence since I belong to a book trading list and I review - but this book was from the Oxygen Network. They sent me a copy of Kiss & Makeup by Alison Kent.

I have no clue why.

Not that I'm complaining. Still, it's got me slightly confused.

5 comments:

Alison Kent said...

Someone else told me they got one from Oxygen, too, for entering a contest or something!

Wendy said...

Alison,
Now that I've had time to dwell on it - I think I did enter a contest for a trip to Hawaii or somewhere. It was in conjuntion with their recent TV movie starring that girl who plays Donna on That 70s Show......

jason evans said...

Wendy, you've got a nice site and a cool perspective on writing and books. Would you be interested in trading links?

Jay said...

Want me to go stir shit up at RTB?

Caro said...

What's funny is that a male friend of mine also received a copy of Kiss & Makeup from Oxygen as well -- and he doesn't remember entering any contest. He passed it along to me, so now I've got to figure out who to pass it on to.