Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

My Sister's Going To Kill Me

My older sister has been trying for years to get me to read The Stand by Stephen King. It's not that I don't trust her recommendation. No, it's because The Stand is frickin' long. Yes, Lori dear - I will read it one of these days. Promise. Maybe the next time I'm stuck in an airport.

Besides The Stand, I've never actually read anything by King - but I think I may have to remedy that by trying his lastest book, Cell. Here's the blurb that caught my eye:

From Publisher's Weekly:

What if a pulse sent out through cell phones turned every person using one of them into a zombie-like killing machine?


My knee jerk reaction was, "So, it's non-fiction and takes place in Southern California?"

Sometimes I think it should be illegal to be such a smart ass.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I liked The Stand, I tried a few others and didn't like them, so stopped.

Oh...you need to read the unabridged edition of the Stand, too. :-)

Anonymous said...

If I read it you can too Wendy! Your lil' sis...Sheri:)