Amazon discontinued the ability to create images using their SiteStripe feature and in their infinite wisdom broke all previously created images on 12/31/23. Many blogs used this feature, including this one. Expect my archives to be a hot mess of broken book cover images until I can slowly comb through 20 years of archives to make corrections.

Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Happy Shiny Library Story

I tend to bitch a lot about my job and this is normally where I would dig up a happy library story to share with you all. Unfortunately, I don't have one. So I'm going to tell you about something that happened to another librarian I know.

This group of sweet little kids came into her library recently. They had had a lemonade stand and wanted to donate what they earned to the library: $38 and some change.

Now their parents probably put them up to it - but repeat after me

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Isn't that just about the sweetest thing you've ever heard of?

This librarian then proceeded to take their pictures and wrote up an article for the local newspaper. I hope they print. Of course it will probably be on page 18 buried under the local police report, but still......

1 comment:

Melanie Lynne Hauser said...

That is a sweet story - particularly this time of year!