Fun With The Mentally Ill Day In Library Land!
Another tale for you all about The Mad Russian library patron - I swear, fiction writers couldn't dream this stuff up.
Today's little sojourn into madness was when he cornered me while he was waiting for a computer (he loves to type kooky letters to public officials). He just kept talking and talking and talking. I swear my eyes glazed over and I got slack jawed.
So here the interesting tid bits I learned today:
- He knows all about the corruption in the aerospace industry and UFOs
- The government is tapping his phones and intercepting his e-mails
- His lawyer mysteriously "retired" - the government scared him off
- Publishing companies are not returning his calls or e-mails because - the government scared them off
- His self-published book isn't selling on his web site because - the government tinkered with the credit card paying system
The way I figure it, the morals of this story are:
- Our mental health care system in the US is seriously wacked.
- I don't make nearly enough money.